The world of mobile marketing can often appear intimidating to those new to the field. The abundance of resources, such as guides and training aids, available to beginner mobile marketers can quickly result in information overload. With that in mind, featured below are ten tips to help you to get all of your resources organized, so you can start running effective mobile marketing campaigns.
1. Cross-platform compatibility is very important when it comes to mobile marketing and it is vital that you ensure your ads can be viewed on a multitude of different devices. After all, your ads need to be seen by the maximum number of mobile users possible if you are to increase the exposure of your business through mobile marketing.
2. In today’s world, mobile marketing is essential for your business. Mobile marketing provides you with a direct link to your customers and enables you to understand exactly what your customers are interested in and how you can best serve their needs in order to maximize your business profits. Never forget this.
3. Make sure that you log and analyze the traffic data from your QR codes. Fortunately, there are dozens of online companies offering free QR code tracking and data analysis. You can use the results of the analysis to make your marketing tactics more effective.
4. Always ensure that your business’s identity is clear. Customers need to know from the get-go what your business is and what it provides, so you should avoid sending confusing or ambiguous messages. Potential customers could be driven away from your business if they start receiving messages that are unclear, as many people feel threatened and alienated when they are bombarded with information they don’t understand.
5. Try to specialize your mobile marketing campaigns on so that the content is tailored towards to needs and wants of your target audience. Personalized mobile marketing is one of the most effective marketing techniques around.
6. Increasing numbers of people now carry out the majority of their internet browsing on a mobile device as opposed to a traditional desktop computer or laptop. This is important to note when creating mobile ads, as you need to make sure any links included in those ads load properly in a mobile browser, otherwise, you could lose the attention of a large proportion of your target audience.
7. Creating a legitimate business marketing plan is very important when it comes to mobile marketing. Before deploying any mobile ads, you should pre plan your entire marketing campaign. Of course, pre planing your mobile marketing campaign does not mean that you can’t make changes to it along the way as new data and events present themselves. Having a clear plan, however, will prevent you from overspending on your marketing budget.
8. When it comes to reminder messages for events hosted by your business, you should aim to send such messages out about three hours before the event. If you send out reminder messages a day before the event many people will forget about the message before the event starts.
9. It is obvious that you should use mobile marketing campaigns to direct people to your business’s main website, but did you also know that you should use your business’s website to drive people to your mobile marketing campaigns? The idea is to get customers from your main website to opt in to mobile marketing material, so that you can keep in contact with them via their mobile devices.
10. It is vital to avoid giving your customers the impression that you are a stalker. Don’t inquire about their exact location or use that data to make them feel like you are watching them. The feeling of being stalked by a business can be very unsettling and will drive customers away very quickly.
Hopefully the tips presented above have provided you with some valuable insight into the world of mobile marketing . By incorporating the tips and advice into your business’s next marketing plan, there is no reason why you can’t develop and deploy a highly effective mobile marketing campaign.